Bath Road Baptist Church was started in the spring of 1954 by Rev. and Mrs. Samuel Dempster under the name of “Fundamental Baptist Church”. After arriving in Kingston, renting a hall, advertising and visiting a thousand homes, the first meeting saw a total of ten people in attendance. From these humble beginnings, the church was eventually able to adopt its first chartered members in 1956, purchase a lot in 1959, and to build its own facilities in 1962.
Pastor Dempster ministered faithfully through the sixties and seventies until he took sick in the early 1980′s. In 1985, the church called Rev. Carl Muller to the pulpit. Carl was a tremendous blessing with his excellent pulpit ministry. (He now ministers at Trinity Baptist Church, Burlington.) Later, in 1991, Rev. Peter Ryttersgaard was called to be the pastor, and he continues to minister as pastor to this day. The church continued to grow under the blessing of God, and in 1998 called Rev. Troy Irwin to be the associate pastor.
The Lord continued to bless the work, and in the spring of 2004, fifty years after its beginnings, the church dedicated a new addition that was added to the existing facilities. This expansion included such things as a new foyer, teen room, fireplace room, and an elevator providing access to all three floors.
In light of Troy’s resignation in 2008 the church has called Dr. John Downs to serve as an associate pastor and has a great ministry to the senoirs and shut ins of the church. In the spring of 2012 we added Pastor Stephen Ahlberg as the associate pastor responsible for Christian Education & Discipleship.
Today as a church we look with gratitude to our past for all of those who worked and sacrificed to see this church started and nurtured during its early years, and we look to God and the future, seeking his continued blessing, and praying that he would continue to build his church in this place.